Friday, May 26, 2017

Rise Again



You can’t cut down what was made to live!

I love to sit on my couch and look out the window.  I am a nature and people watcher.  I love to observe the environment in which I live because there’s always a lesson that the Spirit of God is trying to teach me.  It often comes through people and nature.  God’s creation is the greatest teacher if you are open to receive it. 

So, there was a tree that grew on the corner of my block and every Spring it would bloom with pink blossoms.  This brought me hope.  The winter was leaving and Spring was here.  In my neighborhood it’s mostly on-street parking, so this makes winter months very difficult. We are always so happy when Spring comes.  So, anyway this Tree always brought me hope for brighter days.  But a couple of years ago, the owners cut it down.  I was so sad about it.  I told my husband, it was sign that we had to leave our neighborhood. 

Amazingly, after a couple of years I noticed that the tree began to grow back again.  I was astounded and so happy to see a baby tree grow up and turn green.  It felt triumphant to me, and reminded me of a Christian song that my mother use to play when my sisters and I were kids.  It was called, “Rise Again.”  The Lyrics point to Jesus, our Lord and Savior and to all of us who hope for eternal life through Christ, God’s Son.

'Cause I'll rise, again,
Ain't no power on earth can keep Me down!
Yes, I'll rise, again,
Death can't keep Me in the ground.”

If you stay in your neighborhood long enough, it’s amazing what you will see and what you will learn.  Those people and things you thought would be here long after you are gone, actually may go before you.

Stick around and watch what the Lord will do through you if you are patient in knowing that seasons will come and go and people will come and go but the Everlasting Love of our Savior is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment