Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Chains and Liberty



“Some birds aren’t meant to be caged.  Their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away the part of you that knows that it was a sin to lock them up, does rejoice but still the place that you live in is that much more drab and empty that they’re gone.  I, guess I just miss my friend.” Red-from Shawshank Redemption

You were meant to fly,

You were born to soar!

Majestic Eyes; Bright design.

The Spirit bathed you in

Beauty; emeralds, diamonds, and

Rubies. 

Speak my name, friend.

Walk on by…

These chains have taught

Me that chains and

Liberty live side by side.

But the Love of Jesus,

Is where I must abide.


 Paul replied, "Short time or long-I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."  Acts 26:29

No comments:

Post a Comment