Sunday, May 1, 2016

Marriage


We start walking together, and he ends up way ahead of me as I follow.  I decide I don’t want to follow; I want to sit down on the beach and feel a little disappointed that we aren’t together.  Should I go back to the car?  I’m cold.  But I end up walking towards my husband’s path.  I can’t see him.  I wonder if I should just go back to the car and wait.  Then I decide to be a little dangerous and climb these rocks to look over at the beach.  As soon as I get to the top, I see my husband walking towards me on the rocks.  I smile, we are walking toward one another now and he playfully pretends that he’s falling.

We meet each other on the rocks, both happy to have found each other once again.  He asks me to lead this time as he follows me at this height.  It feels risky and slightly dangerous up here.  I keep thinking I hope I don’t slip and fall, but I keep on walking.  I tell him that it’s a little scary up here, as I realize I definitely have a fear of heights.

He tells me, “It doesn’t matter how much the terrain changes, you just need to adapt to what God wants you to do.”


I feel bolder and more confident now.  I am grateful for my husband’s wise words and for the God that challenges me to go to new heights and beckons me to follow, and walk towards him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment