Saturday, May 14, 2016

My Place in this World


Donnie McClurkin and Michael W. Smith sing a beautiful song together called, “My Place in this World.”

This has been a cry of my heart and I think many to find our place here on earth, to belong to a vision and to find purposeful work.

“Show me, I’m looking for a reason, roamin’ through the night to find my place in this world, my place in this world. Not a lot to lean on I need your light to help me find my place in this world.” 

I think part of finding our place comes with prayer and coming alongside of other prayerful people on the same journey. Also being connected to church, family, and community helps.

It’s important to know our gifts, our strengths and our weaknesses.  God can use it all for his Glory.  Perhaps you have found a meaningful place of connection and that is indeed a great gift to be cherished.

If not you can ask him, and I believe He will show you and make that place known to you.  It’s not easy to find, and quite possibly our hearts will never fully be satisfied until we reach heaven, fully given and fully received by the Father.


But I believe there is still hope for us in the here and now.  It’s part of asking and believing that God will make a way and honor our seeking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment