Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The 4 P's.



If I could be remembered as anything in this world let it be that I was a prayerful person.

One of my favorite rituals started by my beloved husband is kneeling by our bed at nighttime and praying together.  It feels very childlike to me.  We pray for a lot of things and people, but probably the most repetitive prayers I have is for God's constant presence, peace, provision and protection over our lives; the 4 P's.  It's what I hope for every day as I get into my car and make my way out into the world.  It's what I hope for when my husband works his long days and returns home in the evenings. It's what I hope for when I think about my loved ones and family members and their life stories. It's always there in the back of my mind and heart  that God's peace, presence, protection and provision would be with us in intimate ways.   That my life story would reveal the presence of a Living and Loving God that chooses to befriend us and enters into our life stories as a guide and helpmate.

Never give up believing in him and always acknowledge his ways are peaceable, present, protective, and provisional and so much more...

"Savior...He can move the mountains.  My God is mighty to save.  He is mighty to save. Forever, author of salvation.  He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave."  Mighty to Save (worship song)

No comments:

Post a Comment