Sunday, May 15, 2016

Service with a smile!




Where are you called to serve?  Do you offer your service with a smile?

My husband and I stopped by “Boston Market” for lunch one Sunday afternoon.  Honestly, it was my second choice, but we went and encountered an older gentleman as our server.

We ordered what we wanted but he informed us of other options that we might prefer.  Usually I stick with my order, but it was hard to resist taking him up on his offer.  I was almost in shock, that just by offering us more information of options available and by asking us good questions we were able to leave more satisfied with our food choices.  It’s almost like he intuitively knew what we would really prefer to eat.

When we got home, I told my husband, that man was such a good server.  He was quiet, present, and humble and smiled often.  He almost had an intuitive sense of the customers he was serving.


I felt really blessed by our encounter with him.  It makes me think how often Jesus chose humble places and humble people to make his presence known.  

No comments:

Post a Comment