Saturday, February 4, 2017

Twas Grace!

“'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed”  

John Newton

The greatest lesson God will ever teach us is one of Grace.  It’s all about Grace.  Grace is your most beautiful moment.  When we find grace hidden in our lives, and when we are able to give Grace to others that’s when humility, beauty, and goodness find their voice.

“You stoop down to make me great!” (2 Samuel 22:36)  Grace is the litmus test of greatness. It is no small thing to be grace-filled.

Grace defined is “favor, goodwill, and loving-kindness.”  Grace is not something we deserve.  It is unmerited favor granted by God.

It can be easy to receive grace from God and others, but difficult to give it when we have felt wronged, mistreated or underestimated.  Human beings are difficult by nature- and so we need a Grace-filled God. 

The times in my life I have given grace to others, who may or may not have deserved it, I’ve had to humble myself, and I have found peace and joy in the process.

God is always pleased when His children are acting out of a place of Grace, and not pride or Self-Will by definition.

Grace is a journey.  At the beginning we found grace, and at the end we will again receive grace from the hand of our Father. 


Dear God, I pray that we would remember the hour we first believed and received the grace to be your child.  I pray you would bring to mind the many times you and others have given grace to us in times of need.   We know we don’t deserve it, but we are so grateful to receive it from you and others.  Please enable us to be givers of the grace we first received, and help us to enter into your peace, and joy in knowing that we are all in this together.  Thank you for being our wonderful savior, and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment