Wednesday, February 8, 2017

His Eye is on the Sparrow



“His eye is on the Sparrow and I know He watches me!”

As a child, after my parents divorced, my mother decided that the three of us, girls should get baptized.  The day of the baptism we all waded together in the water and the Pastor called out to us, “Who wants to go first?”  I, typically the shyest of the three girls felt boldness, perhaps for the first time in my life and I walked towards the Pastor, and he baptized me.

I think I shocked myself and most definitely my mother, sisters and grandmother (in particular) who was in attendance.

I always have cherished that memory.  What was it about that day that I no longer felt timid or afraid?  Was it the Holy Spirit drawing me to Himself?

I was recently at a Wednesday night church service and that memory came up for me. I felt as if God was saying to me, "I remember even the small steps of faith you took as a child!'

You see, God always remembers.  He’s amazing!  He never forgets not one day of your life! 

30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30-31



No comments:

Post a Comment