Saturday, February 11, 2017

Forgiveness



It’s hard to not become angry, bitter, and resentful in this life.  We need to constantly be forgiving people; forgiving people for not being God.

We are desperate, we are needy, and we are sensitive.  We long for love and no human love will ever be good enough.

We have no other choice but to forgive and let people off the hook.  Let people go and cling to God. 

If we want to be free people we need to forgive.  One of Jesus’ last words on the Cross was “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34

Forgiveness is powerful.  It proclaims Jesus and His work on the Cross.

We need to keep forgiving, every night before we close our eyes. 

“Father, please grant me the freedom to forgive people when they are unloving, and forgive me for moments when I am, too.   Help me to receive your love and forgiveness; the good work that you began and finished on the cross.  Let it be evident in my heart and life, so that I can be free from resentment, bitterness and rage in order to be more full of love-so I can uprightly offer myself to you and others.”


In Jesus Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment