Monday, January 22, 2018

The Story of Friendship...

Friendship is truly a gift.  I believe every friendship has a story.  What makes one person choose another as a friend and that person choose them back?  It’s a mystery, but I believe friendship is nothing more than sheer grace.

I was reminded this night of a friendship I started in middle school.   It was a big transition from elementary school to junior high and I felt it.  I needed a friend, and God gave me Jill.  She was new to the area and would wear skirts everyday to school and that was strange.  This got me interested in her right away.  She seemed different, and being the only Latina girl in a predominately white environment, I always felt a little “in a class of my own.” So, I was attracted to her, and somehow we connected in the Library over books and the Dewey decimal system- and Voila!  A friendship was born…

I can think of another friendship that occurred when I was much older and in need of a friend.  We just clicked- the same age, love for God, love for clothes…It was a match made in heaven!
So special friendships are, but they may not always last forever, and for different reasons friendships can drift apart and that’s ok.  They may have served a time when you really needed each other.

The Good News is that God can always build new friendships.  They can come when we least expect it, but always when we most need it.

Make room, and trust that God will bring you a friend.  It will be a new story, but no different than two people that find each other at the right time and see something in each other that makes them want to draw near.

No comments:

Post a Comment