Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Potter's Hand

Darlene Zschech sings a beautiful song called The Potter’s hand.  One of the lines of the song says,

“Teach me Oh, Lord to Live all of my Life through your eyes.”

We have to always remember that God sees us like a Father.  He loves us, He wants the best for us, He watches over us.  He also cares for us like a Mother.

He knows our weaknesses, insecurities and failures.  He knows our passions, our longing and our strength.  He is the Lord over all our desires.  He has watched our mustard seed of faith grow and develop. 

He realizes that sometimes our expectations for ourselves are higher than His.

He is always with us, like the Dad that goes to all His son’s football games, cheering and rooting him on when He scores, and putting his arm around his shoulder and speaking words of truth and comfort when he fumbles the ball.

God is first and foremost like a Father, like a Mother, like a Loving Parent.

He has cradled us in the womb.  We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  We bear His image, the image of God, male and female He created them.

We have to ask our loving Father, and our caring Mother to give us eyes to see ourselves like they do;  Full of Hope, Full of Trust, Full of Faith.

Prayer to enter in...

Dear God, give us eyes to see ourselves like you do.  Give us grace to love ourselves like you do.  Help us to slow down, pause and be in our lives, all of us! All the time. Thank you for my past, my present, and my future.  Thank You for your goodness to me in everyday In every way. You are my Morning Star. You are my firm foundation. Nothing can separate me from your love and your power at work in this crafted life. For you are indeed the Potter, and I am the clay.

In Jesus Name, I Pray...



No comments:

Post a Comment