Friday, October 27, 2017

By His Wounds...





“But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5)

Live out your wounds well for Joy’s Sake!

We are easily wounded folk.  Our families can wound us.  Our friends and co-workers can wound us.  Our church can wound us.  What do we do and where do we go with our wounds? We can allow them to fester and infect us with bitterness, resentment, anger and unforgiveness or we can go to Jesus and lay our wounds down to the one who was wounded and crushed by the whole of humanity.  Our wounds have a safe place to go. 

When our wounds are covered by the blood of Jesus I believe we will walk in a greater peace, and understanding that is Supernatural.  People will take notice, but that’s not the most important thing- Peace and Grace are!

We need to go to Jesus, the most peaceful and grace-filled person there ever was and cry out to him…

“Jesus cover my wounds.  Help me not allow them to fester or grow a root of bitterness.  Keep me pure-hearted and vulnerable to your needs and the needs of others.  Walk near me and grant me the blessed assurance to know that you are with me and always ready and willing to heal.

Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment