Thursday, October 12, 2017

Another Time, Another Place....



When I was in college, I was a new Christian; and I had so much to learn about our Loving Savior and I still do.   I always loved a diverse array of worship music.  One day while living with a College Mentor of Faith, I stumbled across a song by Sandi Patty entitled; “Another Time, Another place.”  The chorus sings…

So, I'm waiting for another time and another place
Where all my hopes and dreams will be captured
With one look at Jesus' face
Oh, my heart's been burnin'
My soul keeps yearnin'
Sometimes I can't hardly wait
For that sweet, sweet someday
When I'll be swept away
To another time and another place

I realized that in True Worship that’s where we go… We are swept away to another time and another place- The Lord’s time-The Lord’s place…

And nothing and no one can take it from us because it’s eternal.  Eternity lives within us. 
That’s why Jesus says, thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven…

There’s so much we don’t understand here on earth, but when we get a glimpse of the eternal embrace that we can experience in True Worship, we realize that fullness of Joy is ours and we are filled with a love that overflows from His Heart of Pure Gold.  

Thank you Jesus for what you have done for us, and what you remind us to behold every day of our lives… Your face, your gaze that penetrates us with an inexplicable longing for Another time..Another place…

No comments:

Post a Comment