Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Trust



“Safe?”  Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”  C.S. Lewis (The lion, the witch, and the wardrobe)

One of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been was right in the middle of the Indian Ocean, in a homemade boat trying to get to an Island.

I was so struck by how vast and beautiful the Ocean was that I was in, and how small I felt beside it.

It brought my attention to God.  Humorously I first thought, “Well if this boat goes down there is no coast guard coming to get us!”  But then my thoughts stumbled upon one word, Trust.

I had to trust God, especially when I was so far from home, stripped of the safety of my country and homeland.

It’s no wonder God promised Abraham so much when he left all that was familiar to him.  It’s a huge sacrifice to leave your safety net and go to a distant land. (Genesis 12)

God knows and He promises to be with you…


No comments:

Post a Comment