Friday, March 3, 2017

Message in a Bottle!





“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you; 
He will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zephaniah 3:17

God is like a Father, who delights in His children.  How much we need to know the delight of a Heavenly Father. 

I was praying tonight with my husband, and God brought to mind a summer when I was longing for adventure and I decided I was going to send out a few messages in a bottle. 

So, I got some bottles with corks and I filled them with God’s Word.  I believe one of the verses was 

from John 3:16-"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life!" 

With my messages in a bottle in hand,  I went out to an Island and tried to secretly cast them into the water.

I was on a mission, and I did it!  Can’t remember if it felt adventurous or not, but tonight I was reminded that God delighted in me!


He delights in the small and funny things that we do, because we are His children.  I like to envision God with a smile on his face, and laughing.  We think no one is watching, but we have His full attention, even in our secret missions!

No comments:

Post a Comment