Sunday, July 9, 2017

Friendship


“Jesus, you are like an open book with pages yet to be written…” Cathy

There is a song I’ve been singing for years, “Knowing You” by Graham Kendrick.  

All I once held dear
Built my life upon
All this world reveres
And wants to own
All I once thought gain
I have counted loss
Spent and worthless now
Compared to this

Knowing You Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing
You're my all, You're the best
You're my joy, my righteousness
And I love You

I was thinking about friendship. It takes years to build a good friendship.  It takes trials, set-backs, tests, and trust.  It takes investment.  Then over time we truly get to know each other and value each other.  We can sit in silence and enjoy the power of just being together.  There is so much to be gained through friendship.  In friendship we find true connection, meaning, energy, peace, and joy.  In friendship we connect to our true selves.

And how much more inspiring is the friendship of the Lord which builds us up over time in being faithful, in being present, in showing up on our behalf for so many years and in so many ways..

Nothing in all the earth compares to the power and simplicity of Knowing Him!

Jesus says, “I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.”  John 15:15

No comments:

Post a Comment