Monday, July 3, 2017

A King



“I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in Spirit, to revive the Spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.”  Isaiah 57:15

Can you imagine a King who left His throne and palace to go and live with His People?

Well, that’s what Jesus did.  There are many reasons why Jesus came to earth, but I believe one of those reasons is He was so attracted to humble and repentant hearts that he had to come closer.

He couldn’t let them go unnoticed.  He had to restore the crushed Spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts.  These were His followers.

He wanted to be near them, to bless them, to affirm them-to bridge the gap between them.

So, this King didn’t just stop there-He said, I have to do one more thing.  I need to save my people.
I will ransom my life for theirs.  This is the highest and holiest act of love ever written.

And that’s the kind of King we serve, but the truth is He’s really the one who serves us….

"For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves?  Is it not the one who is at the table?  But I am among you as one who serves.”-Jesus (Luke 22:27)

Jesus Reigns!

No comments:

Post a Comment