Thursday, June 1, 2017

Reflection



I remember watching a Movie once and an elderly woman told a younger person, that when you get older and reflect on your life, “It will only seem beautiful.”  Is that what Nostalgia means?

Kristen Butler, a popular blogger said, “Sometimes you just need to talk to a four year old and an 84 year old to understand life again.”

I have to laugh, because I’m getting ready to end a preschool year and it’s been a challenging year with those little tikes, but I know when it’s all said and done, and I step away -I will remember the children I cared for and taught with a smile on my face.

It’s amazing how that works; the power of a reflective life.  How often we don’t remember the bumps in the road, but we are full of Joy for the dazzling wildflowers, and fantastic views, and the shyness of a beautiful fawn we observed on the way.

It is the beauty of our lives that will remain, not the sorrow and the pain and the struggle.  It’s hard to believe that, because we get so stuck in the daily grind of our lives, but let’s go talk to a four year old and an 84 year old and they will set us straight on what’s most important in life.

Being present to the beautiful moments that come to us, Being open-armed to the people God entrusts to us, and being deeply grateful for the life and daily Gifts He has give us.

This Freedom will remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment