Thursday, April 13, 2017

Sabbath Rest


“El Senor es mi pastor, nada me faltara.”

There is a beautiful song in Spanish, about the Lord being our Shepherd.  It is the Lord that leads us beside still waters, restoring our soul. We need the quietness and rest of the Lord to restore us from life’s wear and tears.  

Nada me faltara- I shall not want.  Often time’s life leaves us wanting and we need to come to the Lord, sit at his feet and be nourished by his presence.  When we experience the Lord, we are filled, happy, and satisfied.  Our Job is complete resting at his feet. 

Nourish me with morning rain,
Over the mountains,
And through the plains.
The valleys filled with edelweiss
The morning dew, the sacrifice.
Upon the shores the ocean
Wakes and laughter bellows
From the break.
I listen to the earth’s full
Cry, A Sabbath rest to live
Not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment