Sunday, October 23, 2016

Desire




“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” Henry David Thoreau

We hunger to live from a place of desire.  The desire that is God given and resides in the deepest place of our hearts.

The problem is that desire can be misplaced and fuel addiction and fantasy. 

Also, as our hearts become alive with desire we may find heartache, loss and disappointment of unfulfilled dreams.

What do we do with desire?  How to we offer it to God and allow it to shape its place in our life?

Desire will lead us to Humility.  For only God is in control of our desires.  Only God can feed and lead us.  Only God can satisfy our hunger with good things.

Ultimately, desire led Jesus to the Cross.   His desire was always to be one with the Father and to gather the little children to himself. 

"Father, I desire that they also, who you have give me, be with me where I am, so that they may see my glory which you have given me, for you loved me before the foundation of the World."  John 17:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment