Saturday, December 2, 2017

Battle Scars

I was talking to God tonight.  A lot to talk over these days, and as He so wonderfully can do, He brought up a memory .  It was my second home growing up with my sisters and single mother.  And in that home was a laundry room.  The laundry room was beautifully shaped with a nice picture window up front.  I use to go in there when my mother did laundry. I use to go in there to play hide and seek with my sisters. I use to go in there to find chewed-up shoes that my dog just ruined.  It was a happening place; always very warm from the heat of the washer and dryer. 

But why did God bring this up?  Perhaps because something in me has shifted.  I use to want to go back to my tumultuous adolescence and tell that girl what I now know so she won’t make the same mistakes…but truthfully that adolescent girl doesn’t need that from me now.  In life you don’t get to go back and make changes, and quite honestly I wouldn’t have my life any other way; battle scars and all. 

I would however still tell that girl something.  I would tell her to be happier, to be freer and to be more in love.

Perhaps that girl still lives in me.  I am her.  She is me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment