Sunday, November 5, 2017

Just Be Still...



“Be Still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”  Psalm 46:10

Today, I was driving in my car a bit frustrated about areas where I have taken initiative and things have fallen through.  My husband quietly and calmly said, “Be still and know that I am God.”  I was really struck by this phrase and passage.

So often we want to play a vital role in the Cosmic Story of Good vs. Evil.  We want to be the hero or heroine and a key player.  Perhaps we are waiting for our own personal exaltation.

But God rarely works that way.  Why does He wait sometimes a very long time to see promises fulfilled in lives, like Sarah and Abraham?  It’s a mystery, but one thing I am certain of He is the one that needs to be exalted.  He is the one that needs to be lifted up in all the nations and tribes on earth. 

So what do we do?  We need to just be still and faithful.  We need to respond towards his loving initiative towards us. 

God will have His way one day.  Be the bride that keeps the lamp burning for His revival!


No comments:

Post a Comment