Sunday, September 24, 2017

Forever



I lived with my mom for a long time in my young adult years.  I think I loved it because I always wanted to be an only child and I had to share her with my sisters for so many years.  But when I graduated from college until I was almost thirty I lived alone with her. 

One of the beautiful memories I have is in an apartment we shared that had a bright and beautiful kitchen.  We would gather there on Saturday mornings and talk about God and the Bible.  She had a sunny window in that kitchen and started a garden.  One plant was a flowering pink plant with petals that folded upwards.  It was a funny looking plant, but of all the flowering plants we had it lasted the longest.  For at least a couple of years it would bloom.  We were always amazed by it.

Recently my mother was hospitalized.  I wanted to bring her flowers and found that same strange pink flowering plant that she had in her kitchen window.  She remarked that she remembered we had that plant when we lived together and that it lasted all year…

I quickly responded, “yes mom it lasted forever….”


No comments:

Post a Comment