Monday, August 15, 2016

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made






I feel more and more imperfect every day.  How can I experience my imperfection as liberating instead of as a crushing defeat?

Since I was born I believed I had to be perfect in order to be loved, admired, esteemed, and respected.

I flaunted my strengths and lied about my weaknesses.

I hated my imperfection; it took the wind out of my sails.   When I showed imperfection, it felt so humiliating to me.

I was being exposed and shown for who I really was, an imperfect and fragile person filled with uncertainty and insecurity. 

I always wanted to be strong and beautiful. 

There is another side to this story.  Jesus says, “My power is made perfect in weakness.”

 There is Christ-like beauty that shines through our weaknesses and  imperfection…

 “ I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” says the psalmist...

No comments:

Post a Comment